- Boards & Commissions
- Capital Planning Committee
Capital Planning Committee
MeetingsThe Capital Planning Committee meets regularly from October through February.
Agendas & MinutesAgendas are available prior to meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
View Most Recent Agendas and Minutes
MembersThe Select Board appoints 6 members for 3-year staggered terms, elected by its members. Current members of the committee are:
- Stephen Metz (Chair), exp. 2023
- John Skypeck, exp. 2023
- Daniel Healy, exp. 2022
- Ira Smolowitz, exp. 2024
- Adam Metsch, exp. 2022
- Alexander Aiken, exp. 2024
The Capital Planning Committee meets regularly from October through February preparing recommendations to the Select Board prior to the Spring Annual Town Meeting. The Select Board may accept this committee’s recommendations or modify them in any manner they see fit.
About the Committee
Function & Purpose
- Solicit and review capital requests from all town departments; capital is defined as:
- Major repairs exceeding $10,000 with a useful life of 10 years or more
- Purchases of major equipment exceeding $10,000 with a useful life of 5 years or more
- Submit to the Select Board a recommendation of capital items to be funded from the Capital Stabilization Fund
- Review prior year capital appropriations to assure expenditures met appropriated purpose
- Develop a long-range capital plan for replacement of town capital assets