Filing a Claim

Filing a Claim (Personal Injury and Property Damage)

  1. The Town Manager's Office is ONLY responsible for the filing of your claim and has no further involvement once it is forwarded to the Town's Insurer, MIIA. 

    MIIA requires sufficient time to complete an investigation of your claim. Compensation is paid only if the Town of Longmeadow is found liable. Liability is based on whether the Town knew of the pothole before your accident and failed to fix it in a reasonable amount of time. A reasonable amount of time varies based on number of factors including the number of potholes, weather and availability of equipment, materials and personnel.

    To preserve your rights, if the Town does NOT pay your claim, you may pursue your matter in the appropriate state court within three (3) years from the date of the incident.


    Fill out the form below If you incurred damages or injuries caused by roadway and sidewalk defects or potholes within town limits and are seeking a reimbursement or were involved in a collision with a vehicle owned or leased by the town, please follow the procedure outlined below. Note: All claims for sidewalk, roadway or pothole incidents MUST be filed within thirty (30) days of the date of the incident.

    Please Note:

  2. SEAL High res
  3. Contact Information
  4. Incident / Claim
  5. Supporting documents to include with your claim
  6. Please allow the Town up to 48 hours to acknowledge your claim. Once your claim has been forwarded to the Town's insurer, MIIA, a representative will contact you. Thank you. 
  7. Leave This Blank:

  8. This field is not part of the form submission.